BUSINESS EXECUTIVES NETWORKING GROUP (BENG)
Member Responsibility Statement and Solicitation Policy
BENG is a voluntary networking association of experienced business professionals dedicated to the philosophy of “Members Helping Members” for mutual benefit.
BENG members are experienced and professional. Our dealings are based on honesty, good faith, and mutual respect. We are non-discriminatory.
BENG members are responsible for:
• Assisting members in their job search and networking building efforts by freely sharing contacts with fellow members in a timely and accurate manner;
• Using discretion when dealing with contacts;
• Providing timely and accurate membership data;
• Respecting the confidentiality of information provided by the network and its members;
• Assisting members with any other knowledge, skills, and experience as may be sought by and appropriate to a networking association and its members;
• Assisting with the furtherance of the networking association through volunteering resources, including time, to the group; and,
• Complying with our procedures and policies, including, but not limited to our BENG Solicitation policy as outlined below.
Members shall ensure that their dues and member directory profile are current. Attendance at Chapter meetings and social events is a significant part of the networking process. Members are encouraged to attend regularly and be active participants.
BENG Solicitation Policy
BENG acknowledges that a few of its members, in the course of their businesses, provide services which may be of interest to other BENG members. At the same time, we also seek to uphold the value of the BENG networking experience to our members. Therefore, as we encourage members to support each others’ professional development, we also encourage members to support each others' businesses. Networking experiences are intended to be mutual. However, our members shall respect other members by not overly promoting their business interests with solicitations at BENG meetings, by using BENG’s broadcast emailing capabilities no more than three times a year, and by not using BENG’s contact list.
The purpose of our Solicitation Policy is to ensure that our members are free to network within BENG without a concern that contact information is being used for marketing purposes.
• Mass marketing to other members via email, direct mailing, telephone solicitations or any other means is not permitted.
• Mass marketing is permitted up to three times a year using the BENG website message system
• Casual reference to your business and its functions is permitted during participation at BENG networking meetings and events. Passive marketing is permitted via links from the BENG website. Approval for such links shall be at the discretion of the BENG Group Leaders. The BENG Vice President (Webmaster, Internet Marketing) shall be responsible for the process for seeking such permission and the technical protocols to be followed. An annual fee may be charged as determined by the BENG Group Leaders
• BENG meeting presentation opportunities are available to all members. Presentations must be content based. For example: a presentation on tax changes by a financial planner is acceptable at regularly scheduled BENG meetings with prior permission by BENG’s Chapter Leaders. No advertising or business promotion is allowed as a part of any BENG presentation.
• All BENG members are allowed to sponsor events on an equal basis when sponsorship is requested by the event organizer.
BENG Volunteers & Membership