Dear Fellow BENG Members,
You are cordially invited to the first-ever *BENG Career Transition Fair* on Thursday, January 23rd, 2014. The Fair will be held at the Pennsylvania Institute of Technology in Media, PA from 5:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. The Fair is FREE for attendees.
The Fair is a 4-hour program designed to help mid- to senior-level professionals who are "in transition" or might be looking for a new opportunity in the near future.
The program will include:
- Breakout Sessions related to career transition topics
- Complementary 10-minute Resume Review Service
- Career Transition Services Information
- Information about other Networking Groups
- Networking Opportunities
The program is for existing BENG members, as well as other in the community that might benefit from BENG (and fits into the guidelines of our membership).
We are limiting participation to 200 attendees. As BENG members, you are given the first opportunity to sign up for the Fair. To sign up, go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6QY2272
and complete the registration form. The BENG pre-registration period ends at midnight this Friday (December 13th), so if you even think you might want to attend, register now to ensure your place. After Thursday, we will be opening up registration to other networking groups and general public.
You will receive a confirmation email with a detailed schedule within a day or two after you register to confirm. We will also be sending reminder emails as we get closer to the event.
There will be 12 breakout classes related to job transition processes and strategies, as well as breakout sessions by PA Institute of Technology. Each session will be 30 minutes long. Here is the list of BENG Breakout Sessions.
- Job Search Fundamentals
- Using LinkedIn to Boosting your Job Search
- Crafting your Elevator Speech
- Interviewing Out of the Box
- Assessing your Skills for the Current Marketplace
- Optimizing your Job Search with Twitter
- Becoming a Master Networker
- Leveraging Recruiters in Your Job Search
- Owning your own Business
- Building your list of Target Companies
- The Dreaded Application Process: Best Practices & Tips to Beat the ATS
- Maintaining Motivation in Your Job Search
There will also be networking opportunities during the evening, as well as exhibitors that will be there to talk about services they offer that can help in your job search including:
- Career Transition Services (Full-service companies as well as Career Coaches)
- 10-minute Resume Review Service
- Other Networking Groups
If you have any questions, please contact me at 302-373-1502 or email@example.com
Hope to see you there.
Chapter Leader, BENG Delaware County Chapter